Sunday, March 29, 2020

Bramley Apple - Pictorialism.

Bramley Apple - Pictorialism. 

The way this Nikkor 135mm f2 DC renders is reminding me about David Hamilton’s style. Fortunately Shinrin was 19 yo when we met (nearly 20 as she said) and I was fully dressed throughout the shooting. 
I always liked Hamilton’s pictures, but my obsession for technical perfection risked to deny me the pastel color and soft focus he was so famous for.
It is thanks to this mythical lens that I had the chance to embrace this uncertain style, and I’m happy about the results, particularly on this specific young model.
in this occasion I was still working with the Sony A7, but I’m now sure the lens deserves to work in conjunction with the electronic viewfinder of the newest Lumix S1, an overall much better camera!
I will try to relax my obsession for perfection even more in the future, and I will keep trusting the 135mm DC rendition.
🍏
Join the #bramleyapple project on: 
🍏
Keep following #bramleyapple daily for free:


Bramley Apple - Pictorialism. 

Bramley Apple - Pictorialism. 

Bramley Apple - Pictorialism. 

Bramley Apple - Pictorialism. 

Bramley Apple - Pictorialism. 

Bramley Apple - Pictorialism. 

Bramley Apple - Pictorialism. 

Bramley Apple - Pictorialism. 

Bramley Apple - Pictorialism. 

4 comments:

Bramley Apple - Updates 21/09/2021

  Bramley Apple - Updates.   I've not been updating this blog for a long time, but lot's of things are going on elsewhere! If you do...